Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend in Atlanta

What a fabulous weekend! I left Friday morning for Atlanta to spend some time with my sister, Elizabeth and her family. This was the first time I have gone away by myself without any of the children. This was also the first time I have been away from Jack since he was born. I think this was a long over due break for me. Upon arriving in Atlanta, I found the weather to be much colder than I'm used to! Living in warm, sunny Florida has it's perks and cold 50 degree weather is not one of them. None the less I had a fabulous time hanging out with"E" and bonding with Colby. Colby, who is only 2, took to me pretty quickly and calls me "MeMe". Talk about feeling like a grandma! We spent all weekend training him to call me "Aunt MeMe" instead of just MeMe. Firday night Mamaw came over to have dinner with all of us, and rescue my failed attempts at making a great chicken dish. Saturday started out with errands and a hair appt for E. I, along with her hair stylist, convinced her to chop off several inches of her hair. It was time for a change! The rest of the day was spent catching up on laundry and cleaning out closets as well as organizing! Everyone knows how much I lOVE to organize!! Sunday morning came and I dragged myself out of my warm bed to put work out clothes on and head to the gym with my brother in law Lee, who by the way is personal trainer part time. All I can say in regards to the training session is "He kicked my butt"! I am a bit sore today to say it mildly. Ten o'clock arrived and it was time for me to head home. I found myself getting teary eyed at that moment but knowing my three boys at home were anxioulsy waitiing for me made the long 7 hr trek bearable. Monday is here and it's back to the bump and grind!

1 comment:

John Gibson said...

Nice to hear about your trip. Glad it was so much fun. You have a nice Blog and keep it up very well.

Later,
Pappy