Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Must Read

I am almost finished reading a book titled "The Mom You Were Meant To Be" by Cheri Fuller. I have decided it is one of the many books that every mom should read. It is very easy reading and the chapters can be read within 10 minutes! Raising three very busy boys I pretty much figured I knew all I needed to know about being a good mom. My sense of wisdom was extremely warped to say the least. Cheri is a mom of three and now a grandmother, so I think you can pretty much get an idea of the knowledge and wisdom she delivered into this book. I found myself laughing a few times and even felt she must have been peering inside one of my windows at home. Life is oh so short and if you don't rush out and buy this incredible book, I must say this: Take time out of your busy schedule to stop and smell the roses with your kids and don't get too caught up in life itself. I have a tendency to GO-GO-GO, as many of you know, and I learned that it is okay if everything in my house isn't perfect. Even more so, it is not the end of the world. I am happy to say Cheri taught me how to perceive life like my children do and to spend more time skipping through the daisies with them and spend less time cleaning and putting things in order. Did I say what a GREAT book this was? Check it out....... you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

John Gibson said...

There is a lot to say about that. I hope you can find more time for just yourself. You are constantly on the go and of course spending most of your time with the boys and Steve. Maybe you can find more time to just be alone. I hope so.