Friday, February 15, 2008

My Sister....My Hero



Many of us have loved ones in our lives whom we can call our heros. I happen to have a couple of loved ones I call my heros and my sister Elizabeth is one of them. My sister, who is married with a 2 year old little boy, got pregnant with her second child back in the fall. Yesterday, February 14th, was to be the day she and her husband found out the sex of the baby, as she was 20 weeks along. Within a couple of minutes into the ultrasound appointment, the technician said there was something wrong, and they were not able to find the heartbeat. To everyone's shock and disbelief, the baby had passed and now my sister would need to be put into labor to deliver her deceased baby. With everyone in shock, the plans were set into motion quickly to get her admitted to the hospital and start the process. What seemed like a great start to a Valentine's celebration ended up becoming a pregnant mother's worst nightmare. But you see, somehow my sister found the courage to do what needed to be done and perservere through the tragedy with amazing courage. I cannot imagine what that expierence was like, but I know this...... she is an amazing mom and has amazing strength! Most women would have fallen apart at the seams. But not my sister! She did what she had to do with great strength, and gave her baby back to God. So I am proud to say this........ Elizabeth ( aka: EE ) YOU'RE MY HERO!

No comments: