Friday, February 8, 2008

Cupids Arrow

Today is ending up to be quite the busy day for the Rosser's. Andrew came to me in the car line at school with the biggest grin on his face and I knew something was up. Let me say this first.... I am so thankful God gave me boys! As usual the boys share their days events with me and Andrews went something like this:

Andrew: Mom, I have a crush on a girl.

Me: He He He... Who would that be? (like I don't know who as he has liked the same girl since Kindergarten)

Andrew: It's Nadia!

Me: Oh, that's nice. (I'm holding my breath for the next statement)

Andrew: Today I went to the prize box and got a ring out and gave it to Hannah.

Me: What????? What happened to Nadia?

Andrew: Well, she wasn't around so I gave it to Hannah and she can show Cana and Nadia.

Me: Oh, that's nice. ( I was speechless for one of the few times in my life)

Andrew: Yeah, I would have given it to Bella but she wasn't there.

Now let me say this, Bella is a absolutely gorgeous 8 yr old girl from church. So once again I was speechless and was not sure what to say at this point so I again said "That's nice honey". What does one do when their child, who by the way is ONLY 8, is bitten by the love bug? This is new territory for Steve and I. I am not too sure how we are going to handle the whole crush thing, but I will say deep down inside I was chuckling to myself. I believe Steve and I have a little ladies man on our hands and we thought Luke was going to be our little charmer! Guess I need to be praying for more than just patience from God right now! Don't think I have mentioned this either..... I found a "love note" in Lukes backpack as well. That note was written from a girl in his class. The note was addressed

To Lake (don't you love it when their just learning to spell)
Love Melanie

I love you a lot Ok?
Love Melanie

I will say this, didn't see that one coming! After Steve read this he asked Luke who Melanie was and all he could do was blush with no explanation. We left it at that. Hopefully that is as far as it goes! I don't want to get a call from the school regarding love notes and such.

2 comments:

John Gibson said...

It is nice to see that the boys have girl friends to go along with their boy friends. Looks like they are just in the beginning stages of finding new identities in themselves and others. Have fun!

Halee said...

WoW Andrew and Luke has gotten bitten by the love bug. LOL