Friday, October 3, 2008

Race For A Cure

Only 2 more days!  Sunday October 5th,  my girlfriends and I will be running for a cure in the annual Susan G Komen 5K at Disney.  I am finding myself a bit emotional right now just thinking about the loved ones I will be running in memory of.  It seems to me that this disease is taking over so many lives and I'm ready to stand up and FIGHT!  I run because I enjoy running,  but on Sunday I will be running because so many women have either lost their fight against breast cancer or are currently battling the disease.  Remember October is breast cancer awareness month so wear your pink proudly!  Together we can raise awareness!!  Let's go get 'em team "T, Me Me and Shell".  

5 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Yeah for you! Cannot wait to read the post-race post.

My MIL fought the brave fight for over 10 years. She went into remission 3 times. Unfortunately, she lost the battle less than 3 months after I married her son. I cannot believe that she has been gone almost 10 years...

Mom of Twins said...

Good for you Meredith!! I am also doing the race in Knoxville, TN with my sister for our mom, aunt and so many others. It feels good to support such an important cause!

Laura said...

I am so glad you are doing this. Alise and I "ran" in our first SGK race in the beginning of September. I was so glad to share that with her!

I hope you run well!

Anonymous said...

Meredith,

I love your heart for this cause and the fact you are doing something about it! Good luck on your run!!

Anonymous said...

PS Thanks for the comments at my blog!