Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Victory!

The Rosser family is celebrating VICTORY!  In Saturdays triathlon Steve placed 9th in his division out of 45 other males.  His splits were fantastic and ranked 1st in the bike division and 6th in the run.  Andrew giving daddy Steve a high five as he crosses the finish line!


Sunday came and it was time for the Race For The Taste 10K and more celebrating!  I ran the race with a pace of 9-10 min per mile and finished in 64 min.  Steve finished just ahead of me in 51 min.  WOOHOO!!!



Next it was the boys turn to burn up the pavement.  Luke and Jack were pumped and ready to run! 


Andrew was eager to run and wasn't too thrilled with me and my need to snap a few shots of everyone before their run.  I managed to get a couple of him but only after I demanded he pose for me.  You can tell he is gritting his teeth through the fake smile. HA!

Luke and Jack ran in the 400 meter dash division.  Luke was in the top 5 of this group and could be seen way out front running like his feet were on fire!  I think we may have a future Olympic athlete!  Jack wasn't too far behind and was seen pushing his way through the sea of kids to make his way to the front.  I think he is a little bit competitive!  Andrews division ran a 1/2 mile and it was a straight out sprint to the finish.  Below the boys are proudly showing off their gold medals they received from Mickey & Minnie Mouse upon crossing the finish line.  I think they've been bitten by the race bug....... they all want to know when their next race is!

5 comments:

Mamaw said...

I'm so proud of the whole family! Special Kudos to both Mere and Steve! At least some people in the family are fit. Keey it up guys. You're an inspiration to us all.

Love Mamaw

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You guys rocked it!

Megan said...

Look at you go!! My word, girl, you're going to be in Olympic form before much longer. Look what happens when I'm away from blogland for a while... Congrats to you and all of your runners - you guys are AWESOME!

Hope all is well, and that home schooling is fantastic. Can't wait to catch up on all you've been up to!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Awesome job everybody!!!

Laura said...

What a family of runners!!! Congrats to all! I wish I had your enthusiasm and dedication. I use to walk every single day - up until the day I had Baby Girl - but that ended rather quickly after she was born.