Friday, October 10, 2008

Triathlon's and 10K's



This weekend is going to be CRAZY!  Saturday morning Steve will be competing in his first triathlon.  The event will take place at Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven Fl and starts at 7 a.m. Therefore the boys and I will be leaving the house before the chickens are even stirring. Then on Sunday morning we wake up and do it all over again! This time we will be leaving the house around 4 a.m. and head to Disney for the Race For The Taste 10K.   This will be my 3rd year running in this race and I couldn't be more excited, especially since Steve will be running with me!  He's pretty fast but I'm real competitive so I won't be too far behind. This year the boys are going to be running in their very own race.  Their races start shortly after the 10K ends.  You would have thought it was Christmas in my house this morning when we got up and headed out the door to pick up every one's race packets!  The boys are so excited to get their very own race packets and t-shirts.  One thing they don't know is they will be getting special commemorative race medals upon finishing their race.  Disney spared no expense for the medals either........ they are VERY nice!  I told Steve's mom (who is coming to help with the kids) to get,  sit down and hold on tight cause it's going to be a WILD ride this weekend!

3 comments:

Laura said...

You guys are just some competing fools down there in Florida!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing over there!! I vote you the most fit couple in blogland :)!

andreawilliams said...

You guys are crazy! How did it go?