Monday, October 6, 2008

Time: 30 Min.



Here are the hotties getting ready for the Susan G Komen 5K to "Save The Ta Ta's".  Melissa, Myself, Tara and Michelle just before we headed to the start line.  We had our chanpion timed chips, I-pods in place and we were ready to GO!  Thanks to Michelle and her wonderful husband Mark,  we all adorned signs on our backs with the loved ones whom we were running either in honor of or in memory of.  We made our way to the starting line and anticipated a quick start, but you know how things go and well....... 30 min after we were supposed to start,  the horn blew and we were off!  I flew out of the crowd determined to get a good start and continued with that pace til the end.  I set a new PR (Personal Record) time of 30 minutes!!!  Needless to say I was STOKED beyond words!  My time was 10 min pace per mile.  Michelle wasn't too far behind as she came 7 minutes after me.  This was Michelle's first competitive race and she did fabulous!  Way to go Shell!  Tara followed close behind with Melissa on her heels.  The hotties in pink were tearing up the pavement!  To celebrate our victories we loaded up the kids and headed to Chili's.  While feasting on a delicious yummies,  we were able to catch a quick broadcast from the race on one of the local TV stations.  Towards the end of the broadcast of clips,  Steve yelled out "Hey it's Meredith"!!!  I was taped by the television station running across the finish line with my hands up in the air and my mouth wide open and of course whooping and hollering.  If you know me well then you know I can (and usually am) pretty loud and sometimes crazy.  In the end we all had a wonderful time and raised some serious $$$$$ for the fight against breast cancer.  Oh and did I mention that there were over 6,000 participants in the race and that over 3,000 had just signed up in the last couple of weeks?   If your considering getting involved go to www.komen.org.  It's never too late!  Remember...
"YOU Are The Cure"

10 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Yeah for you and the rest of the racers!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Job to all of you!! I know you like a drink every now and then, but "pretty load" I'm sure if not what you meant! Most definately "pretty loud". Although maybe you WERE pretty loaded!!! And yes, all 4 of you are definately "Hotties"!!!!!!

Love, Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Oh My! After making fun of your typing, I made a typing "goof" as well. I meant to say, "I'm sure IS" not "if".

Love Mamaw

Unknown said...

Did you know that you can send a text message to help cure Breast Cancer? mGive (text) ‘KOMEN’ to 90999 to donate $5 to Susan G. Komen For The Cure! Spread the word!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Great time too. I used to run and that pace is quite respectable :)!

I loved your save the tatas :)! Cute.

andreawilliams said...

Wow! Great job!!

Mom of Twins said...

Yeah!!! Way to go Meredith- you've always been very determined- good job :-)

mommy24treasures said...

that is wonderful!


I use a canon xti with a sigma 30 1.4 lens

Laura said...

Congrats on your new record and I LOVED the name of your group! The Ta-Tas. What more can you say?

Football and Fried Rice said...

You girls are beautiful. Thanks for supporting such a great cause!