Sunday, October 19, 2008

2ND PLACE!

Time 29 minutes 29 seconds ....... that was the time I ran the 5K race in on Saturday morning with the Mosaic Chicks.  New record for me once again!  Now let's add the icing on the cake if I may......... I came in 2nd place in my age division!!  I totally didn't expect that and as you might figure it was a total surprise!  WOOHOO!  2nd place baby!!  In the picture above I am on the end with the black shirt and white running skirt. Also posing with me are the gals who came in 1st and 3rd along with the mayor of Ocoee and the sponsor for the race.  Below I am proudly showing off my trophy.

Funny thing is the 3rd place winner was neck and neck with me during the whole race and I,  being quite competitive,  decided to sprint the last 1/4 mile to the finish line.  I found out later I beat her out for 2nd place with that very smart move.  Now that I've had my feathers fluffed,  I am rested up and race ready for Disney's Tower of Terror 13K on Saturday!  I've told my husband,  who is also running in this race,  to be on his toes as I am planning to give him a run for his money!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on placing 2nd, Meredith! Here's to hoping you beat out hubby next week!

Anonymous said...

Meredith, Just look at you go:)! I need to get some of your energy!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Hurray for you! I feel good about myself if I get in a walk around the block most days. :-)

Thanks for your comment & visiting my blog. It's a small world, isn't it!?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to my "fit" children! I'm proud of you both! Go Rossers'!!!!!!!

Love Mamaw

Julie said...

Congratulations on your win!! I'm jealous though. I have so wanted to develop into a runner but I just don't know how. I don't seem to have the stamina.

Way to Go and good luck on your next race!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

You ROCK!!! And what a cute running skirt ;)