Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Expedition Everest 5K

Expedition Everest complete!  Steve and I ran in the Inaugural Expedition Everest Challenge 5K this past weekend.  There is nothing like running a race with your honey!!  He really pushed me to beat out my previous time so therefore I set a new PR!!!  (That is personal record if you don't know what PR means.)  31 minutes I say!  The race began with a dart out of the coral at 7:30 p.m.  and ran through Disney's Animal Kingdom,  3.1 miles.  Once we completed the run we had to find our way through an obstacle course then race to the finish for our passport.  Upon receiving our passport we raced back through the park on a scavenger hunt.  With that completed it was a mad dash to the end where we received our "gold compass medal".  What an amazing experience and I got to do it with my sweetie.  To top off the night,  there was a post race party immediately following that went on until midnight.  All the great rides out @ Disney's Animal Kingdom were open for everyone to enjoy.  There is nothing like riding a roller coaster in the dark of night,  especially "Everest."  Fall is in the air and race season has begun!  Now I need to focus on getting my time down below 30 min.  I've got another race this weekend so I'm training hard and got my goal set high!

4 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Yeah for you!

Football and Fried Rice said...

You are a stallion. Ok, A Running Diva!!!

Anonymous said...

You did it!! Wow! It sounds just wonderful, altogether, the best type of exercise!

Laura said...

Good for you!! You should be proud of yourself.