Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hill Training

Tonight I hung with the best!  My girlfriend Tara and I met up with the Tri-N-Run running group we run with on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and did some major hill training.  Let me put this into perspective for you.  Florida is not supposed to have hills,  so considering I am used to running on a pretty flat surface for 6 miles,  this hill was like a mountain after about 3 miles.  The women of the group were told to do 6 laps and the men to do 8.  Being that I'm pretty competitive,  I set my eyes on 8 laps.  In the end my body did run out of some gas so I ended up doing 7 laps around.  My clock time stayed consistent with 1 min and 50 seconds which I must say I was flying high with that one!  The team we run with is fantastic and very encouraging!  "T" and I felt pretty good afterwards and are hoping to get another hill workout in sometime over the weekend.  Rock on T..... you are AWESOME!  Any one up for the challenge?  If so I'd love to hear about your workout! Oh and to my dear friend South of me towards Miami,  "Bits and Pieces of a Blessed Life"  I can't wait to finally meet you!  We are about a month away from the 13k...... WOOHOO!

5 comments:

Laura said...

You go, Girl! Keep up the good work!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I can't believe it is already coming up!! You have been doing so good!! I ran 4 miles the other day (actually I started running before I realized how far form home I was, then I HAD to run back!!)

Anonymous said...

Meredith, WOW!!! You go girl! I am so amazed by you. This is no easy task. And I am sure it is hot and humid on those Florida runs!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to meet you as well. You are doing so well!!!

TaraLeigh said...

Girl, that hill workout was tough! I loved it though. You know we never did fit in another one, we will have to soon! Love ya! "T"