Saturday, September 6, 2008

Today I woke up early to hit the trail and ride with the "peeps" and rode my Trek for the 4th time.  I LOVE this road bike and was able to use the tri-bar or areo bars for the first time today.  Believe it or not I was even able to remain steady and not wobble!  No crashes this time. WOOHOO!   We were only able to get in 20 miles but hoping for next week to be better,  more like 25-30 miles.  Our goal is set high @ 50 miles and being that our weather is getter cooler,  if that is such a thing in Florida,  I am hoping to accomplish this by January.  Our tradition afterwards is to meet up with a few friends and sip espresso's and such at a French Bakery right off the trail.  Today was no exception!  You know the weather is getting cooler when you can sit outside on the veranda,  sipping hot espresso and sharing in great conversation and not dripping wet with sweat.  Yes today was a grand day and I'm looking forward to the Florida winter season!  The temps may be going down but the trail is heating up with runners,  bikers and walkers alike.  Anyone up for a quick run or a ride?




3 comments:

Laura said...

I am so jealous of you!! I was huffing and puffing up those steps at Bryant-Denny Stadium this weekend. SO outa shape!

Anonymous said...

You are truly inspiring!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I can sure tell you're busy with Andrew's home schooling and having a 3 (almost 4) year old under foot since you haven't recently updated your blog!!

Love Mamaw