Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Three Letter Word Conversation

 Don't you ever wonder what is going on in a child's brain when he is reading scripture?  Andrew was reading his "Read the Bible in One Year" the other day and was apparently reading about the 10 Commandments.  I often get beckoned from across the house with "MOM........MOM..... I NEED YOU".  This day was no different.  Upon hearing Andrew calling for me as if there was something terribly wrong I ran to his aid only to find him perplexed with a question.  Our conversation went like this:

Andrew:  "Hey mom,  I don't think what I'm reading is supposed to be in a kid bible"
Me:  "Okay,  so what are you reading about"?
Andrew:  "God says.... husbands,  only have ___ with your wives,  and wives only have ___with your husbands"   (Note,  this of course was with total disbelief on Andrews part)
Me:  "So what is the ___ (blank) part"?
Andrew:  He looks at me very seriously and quietly says "SEX"

Up until this point I had complete composure....... needless to say that was out the window now. Andrew is only 9 so he doesn't know what sex really is.  As I am gathering my thoughts he is still insisting that he thinks something is wrong with his bible and that particular part of the 10 Commandments doesn't belong in a kid bible.  Steve and I are still laughing about this one and probably will be for a while!

4 comments:

Laura said...

That. was. hilarious!! Oh, the innocence of our children!

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! Oh my goodness what funny things come out of our little ones!

Have a wonderful weekend~

Krista

andreawilliams said...

Love it! Really, this is why we have kids!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

We had this kind of fun when we read in Genesis about circumcision and then followed it with Lot having SEX with his daughters. Uggh.