Monday, June 30, 2008

Going Up!

As most of you know I am training for my first Half Marathon in January. I have added a few 5k's and 10k's and one 15k in the mix but just recently signed up to do my first Triathlon next Spring. I have been running for 2 years now so I know I should have some miles underneath my belt, but I feel I need to break through the 4 mile barrier. I run 3 times per week and my longest distance per run is 4 miles. I have got to get my miles per run up in order to be effective in the 10k's and 15k. So since I'm laying it all out there for everyone to see, I have to ask: Got any advice to pass along? I love running but living in Florida makes it difficult to enjoy running in the summer months. I think if I can push through to the 6 mile mark in my daily runs I at that point will be "grooving". So bring on the advice blog land!

5 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, sister! Well, I am sure that you have your "on the go" playlist, right? I usually listen to my music & pray & talk to God. He knows I could use the time with Him!! Good Luck!

The cake tonight went: 2 pieces to the boys, 6 pieces to the new neighbors and the rest down the garbage disposal!! We are making another cake for our oldests' Birthday tomorrow, so we didn't want it around. Though I usually eat it all (yikes!!) I have started trying to watch my weight (go back down, instead of rise anymore!!)

Laura said...

All I can say is: "You Go GIRL!!"

John Gibson said...

Patience and perseverance are key factors. Do not overdo, but keep pushing in small increments. Keep on going!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend I am proud of you and your 4 miles! That is huge. I am finding with heat that if I don't do it first thing in the morning it is unbearable. Also are you running the entire time? If you are you go 'ms. thing'~ but also maybe add in some walking till you get comfortable with the longer distants.

Hope we run into on another during the 13K

krista @ Bits and Pieces

mommy24treasures said...

wow you already have achieved a wonderful accomplishment.
I admire your diligence.