Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Remembering Tish


Yesterday I lost my friend Tish to ovarian cancer. She was way too young to die, but I know she was okay with the path God chose for her. She is no longer suffering, but is healed from this horrible disease. Tish loved a party.... in fact, life to Tish was ONE BIG PARTY. That is how I remember her. She lived life to the fullest and left a finger print in so many lives. She may not be here in the physical form but she continues to leave fingerprints in so many lives of others, even complete strangers. Her legacy will live on through her husband and two beautiful boys. I was thinking about this the other day when I was spending a little time with the Lord and I want to share this with all who are reading this blog.

Don't wait until someone you love and care about passes away to tell them how much they mean to you or how much you love them. Don't wait until they have passed to share stories about their life. Cherish them now, love them now, tell them how much you love them and what a difference your life is because you have them in yours. Tomorrow may never come and you may not get that chance again. We were never promised our next breath, so live life in the NOW and not for tomorrow.

With that said I will close with Tish's favorite motto: "Drive On"

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful friend! Praise God for her healing and that she is finally HOME!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Meredith, I am so sorry that your your family is going through trouble. I just heard a speaker at our church teach on how our troubles ultimately glorify God.They do! And if we see that while we were are in them, we can bless others through our pain as well. I am praying for you & especially for Will's family....

Megan said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Meredith. Sounds like she was very loved and will be missed! Keeping her family in my prayers.