Sunday, April 6, 2008

Good Times In Cocoa Beach





Living in Florida has it's advantages and one of them is you can go visit the beach on a whim. During the boys Spring Break, a couple of gal pals and I took the kids to Cocoa Beach for the day for some hot fun in the sun. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful either! There was not a cloud in the sky and the water was just the right temperature to cool you off from the hot blazing sun. Andrew and his friend Brandon used their body boards to ride the waves into shore while Luke and Jack frolicked in ankle deep surf. As the day wore on Jack decided the waves of the Atlantic Ocean were too much for him so he passed the time playing in the sand and building "sand buildings" as he called them. As always we all got a little too much sun! You would think as long as I have lived here in Florida that I would have a master plan at applying sunscreen down pat........ NOT! Thank goodness for hats and face sticks as I believe our faces faired okay. The rest of our bodies are a different story! Here is some advice for the upcoming summer months.......

CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATE ON ALL OF YOUR SUNSCREEN TUBES FROM LAST SUMMER!

That is the one thing I didn't do. I can now say I will never make that mistake again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I hope you all recover soon. Great word of advice. I need to do that in case the sun ever shows its face agian in the NW!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Gorgeous Pictures!! I love the beach!! Coming from the midwest & now living in the mountains, there is no ocean in my immediate future! I keep trying to tell the hubs that CA is only s tone's throw away (or 12 hours!!) Glad you had a good time - sorry to hear about the sunscreen; I will DEFINITELY check ours, cause I've got some fair skinned babes myself!!