Sunday, April 20, 2008

Life's Roller Coaster Ride

Life has its twists and turns but I have truly been experiencing many of them in the last couple of weeks. After my friend Tish passed away from Ovarian Cancer, another friend that same week committed the unthinkable. She leaves behind a 5 yr old little boy, who is Luke's friend, and a husband. No one knows for sure why she committed this senseless act but as a mother and a friend I have had a really tough time dealing with this tragedy. I don't think anything could have prepared me for all of this, but I am trusting in God and I set my sights on him. I have not felt like doing anything these past couple of weeks, including taking car of my house, much less blogging but I have now decided to open my heart and share it with all who are reading this.

I have to say I have learned a few things through all the hurt and tears. One being I need to cherish my family more, hug them and kiss them more often than I do. Spend more quality one on one time with each of my boys more often than I do. Most of all I need to tell loved ones and friends more often how much they mean to me and that they have made a difference in my life. Everyone remembers the old saying, "Live life to it's fullest and cherish every moment like it is your last moment." I plan to live by this daily and remember I'm not promised my next breath. Tish's quote she used often was "Drive On". I plan to adopt that quote and live life like it is my last day here. What would you do if you knew today was your last day on earth? Make your time here count and make time to show Christ love to others.

I close with this..... DRIVE ON!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Meredith, I'm so very sorry to hear about these tragedies. I've seen the devestation a family faces after a loved one commits such a terrible act and it's unbearable. I will be praying for you and the families of your friends. Your husband and boys are fortunate to have you - your perspective and outlook on life are fantastic!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Meredith - such sadness seems so senseless. I am so sorry that you are having to find a way to explain these things to your young ones. Praying for your strength.....