Saturday, March 1, 2008

A New Journey....

Steve and I are taking our running to a new level. We are planning to run in the 2009 Disney Half Marathon, which will be held in January thank goodness! The way I see it we have 10 months to perepare for the long run. The longest race I personally have competed in is the Disney 10K Race For The Taste with a few other small ones in between. To get us started we have joined a running club at our church and will be competing in several races through out the coming year with a 10K, 15K and a nightime race to name a few. I have had a mild set back in my training as I am bouting another fight with pnemonia and such but plan to get back on the trail in a couple weeks. (If it was up to me it would be in several days!!) Steve had a personal best today in running 7 1/2 miles on the West Orange Trail, so he is off to a decent start! (Lucky duck!) Our prayer for the coming year is NO injuries, so let's hope we can keep out of the doctor's office. Anyone want to race? There is still time to sign up!

1 comment:

John Gibson said...

Please do not start back too fast. Take your time. Remember you have had pneumonia a couple of times in less that a year.