Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tales On The Trail

We did it again, even though we knew we could run into a bit of rain. Today we rode another 10 great miles on the West Orange Trail. The exception this time was I was going to be pulling the boys in the bike trailer with my bike. Last time Steve did all that work......and let me tell you..... it was WORK! We figured I was pulling a total of about 100 lbs. Andrew and I biked 5 miles into Winter Garden and stopped at a park to play. Meanwhile Steve ran the 5 miles to meet up with us, then bike back 5 miles home. (Earlier in the day we parked Steve's bike at the park and chained for safe keeping) This journey started out around noon so by the time Steve met up with us the kids were pretty hungry! Before heading home we refueled ate at a local pizza joint and had some YUMMY New York style pizza. I must say.... THERE IS NOTHING LIKE NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA!! This is of course after I had the opportunity to eat authentic New York style pizza last spring in the Big Apple. This made the trek back home much easier. Andrew, who is my oldest, surprised us all and made it all the way home without any complaints. This was a bit of a surprise to Steve and I considering he almost gave out last week and had only 1 mile to go. I told him he is in "training" so he can run some more kid races and that seemed to put some spark in his pedaling. All in all it was another great day to be out on the trail and I may have to consider pulling the boys more often than Steve. That is a great workout especially if your training for a long run as I am. I highly recommend the Columbia Bike Trailer to anyone who has kids as it has been money well spent.

Happy Easter to all who are reading this...... come back again soon and leave a note.

4 comments:

Mamaw said...

Gee I wonder where you got that saying "If you stick your lips out any further, I'm going to KISS them"? YOU KNOW that's what MY mother (Mamaw Sr) used to say to ME! And boy did it make me MAD!!! So of course I used to say it to you and Elizabeth. I don't think it made y'all as mad as it made me and Jack!!! Mamaw Sr. would sure get a kick out of the fact that saying has lasted generations!

Anonymous said...

I am so inspired by you! All I can say is You GO GIRL! Its great your family is active together. It really sounds fun!

boltefamily said...

Wow it sounds like fun! Good for you!

PS thanks for the BC advice!

Kristy

Football and Fried Rice said...

We love being active together - usually we go hiking, cause it is so much easier & so much less prep! Although our youngest has to be carried around the 5 mile marker (not pretty!)

You have been an inspiration to me & I am looking into my local races! Have you ever heard of the Pike's Peak Marathon? Yeah - 13 miles UP the mountain and 13 miles back DOWN. We'll see if THAT ever happens. Still looking at the 5Ks!!!!!!!