Thursday, March 27, 2008

Roller Skating Blues







Over Easter we attended an anniversary party at a roller skating rink. I didn't think too many of these still
existed but needless to say this place has been around for over 30 years. All I could think of was how many germs were floating around! The kids had a ball and that was most important. Andrew and Luke started out hanging onto the (germ infested) wall and built up their confidence to navigate towards the middle for safety. It wasn't much longer than maybe 5 seconds and they ended up wiping out. Through a few laughs and tears they both seemed to want to try it again. I had skates on myself so trying to balance them and myself was not going to be easy. In the end Luke decided it was much more fun to hold onto the wall as it didn't seem to move around so much like mommy. Andrew just kept going...and falling...and going.... As for myself, I made a few rounds on the rink and even remembered how to skate backwards! I really impressed my kids with that one! Jack wore his skates literally for 2 seconds and quickly decided it wasn't for him. He found much pleasure in playing on those nasty, germ infested video games that I think have been there as long as the skating rink. Note to myself: Buy stock in Purell and Anti-Bacterial wipes.

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh yes. Getting on anything with wheels, where I can fall - not fun!! we went roller skating a few months ago & I hadn't been since the 90s. What a treat. We did go ice skating a few weeks ago & that was somehow easier!

great pics of the kiddos!

andreagw said...

yes you!
super cute pictures!!!