Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WOOOHOOO!!!!


I am celebrating!!!  I broke through my barrier in running and have now made it up to 6.3 miles!  
I will admit around the 5 mile mark my shoes feel like I have lead in them.  I usually then change out a song on my ipod to something with a lot of good old rock and roll beats to make it.  Now I just need to stay focused and run this 3 days per week and hopefully can move up to 7 miles by mid August.  

Any Journey or Heart fans out there?  My husband just surprised me with tickets to see them in concert tomorrow night via a limo!!!!  I am STOKED!  You can tell I'm an 80's girl through and through.  LOL  Hopefully I will be able to post some good concert pics. 

To answer the BIG question from my last post,  the creature in question is in fact a "sea urchin".  Many of you guessed correctly but as I said I returned from the beach with 13 of them and now I'm down to one thanks to the cranes.  We have a family of sand hill cranes who call my 4 acres of property their home.  My prize possessions were pecked to almost nothing this morning as I believe the cranes were scoping them out for a little snack.  I salvaged two of them in hopes they will look nice in a glass jar with my other shells and sand dollar finds.  

5 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Yeah for you on the running accomplishment!

And I am so jealous about the concert. We had talked about going but my husband has to work late. I'll be thinking of you enjoying the concert while I am at yoga class struggling with my triangle pose!

Cannot wait to see photos and hear how the new Journey singer is...

Laura said...

Oh, I am SO jealous about that concert!! I am definitly an '80's girl, too! Have fun!! I expect to see pics in the next few days! Your man is so sweet to surprise you!

Congrats on the running! You can do it!!

Sea urchins, huh? It was right on the tip of my tongue!! Sorry that they haven't lasted. I don't know what's worse? Cranes or mosquitoes? Go figure.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow, I love the picture of the crazy sea urchin!

AWESOME for you on the running!! I feel like I am lucky to get my 2-4 miles in!!!!

Ashton said...

Congrats on your running accomplishment! :) I coulddn't do that!! :o)

Mama's the Boss said...

Way to go.

Sorry abut the sea urchins. :(