Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm In......


I cannot believe it.... I'm in!!!! Yesterday was THE DAY, and when 10 o'clock rolled around I was hot on the Danskin website making sure I got in for the Danskin Triathlon. To my surprise the distance has changed, which in a way is a good thing, I think! Last year the distance was shorter and so this year they have increased the distance. We will be swimming 1/2 mile, bike 13 miles then run 3.1 miles (5k) to the finish! This event closed last year with in 24 hours of opening so I was stoked that I was able to secure my spot. Now the REAL training begins! I am not much of a swimmer so I have opted to join a triathlon training group. My coach who trains me now for races is overseeing the triathlon training group so I should be well prepared. I just need to get over my fear of swimming in the FL lakes.... you know our lakes in FL have some very nasty creatures living in them! The race is planned for May 10Th, Mother's Day. Anyone else out in blog land competing in this? I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

John Gibson said...

Good for You, but no thanks from me--I want to keep my old limbs for myself and not share with your Florida creatures.

Dad

Roger Walker said...

I tried registering for this race but there was not a check box for MALE! What's up with that? Left out again!!!!

Roger- AKA Steve's Buddy.