Wednesday, February 25, 2009

God's Grace


I don't know about any of you but I have to be reminded (daily) of God's Grace in my life. Just when I think I've made it over a vast mountain, I feel like I am going up against another vast mountain. Life is full of twists and turns and I am beginning to think I don't like some of them. I love adventure and I am always up for a new one but when I don't see the map laid out ahead of me I get freaked out. I like to think that I am truly living my life to it's fullest each day at a time, however I have come to the realization that I am so very wrong. God has amazing things in store for us all, even in this crappy economy, I just need to focus on HIM and HIM alone. I can no longer rely on what the stock market says or what comes down the line in the corporate world. I am choosing to take a stand on scripture and what the Lord has set before me. Here are a couple of scriptures I've been praying.....

"Because I seek the Lord, I shall not lack any beneficial thing" Psalm 34:10

"My God will meet all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19

I have been reminded today of how precious life really is. It's been almost a year ago that a friend of mine lost her battle with cancer. Her husband posted a blog today about his beautiful wife and how she chose to live her life, even in the last days. Here is a tidbit of what she wrote on her blog regarding her circumstance in the midst of fighting cancer:

"I’m still angry at God, but I know He is there with me. I am still learning to accept this. But, I’m going to stand up and take it like a child. Fearless, full of life, full of fun and talking all about it. The good stuff is right there in front of all of us. We are just too grown up to realize it or enjoy it. To all my little people out there, keep your parents on track! Remind them to play more, smile more, enjoy life and ROCK ON!"

I feel so guilty for feeling sorry for myself and what circumstances I may be facing. I have learned a valuable lesson today and it is to stop having a pity party and get up and live life. I need to stop and smell the roses more often than I do. I need to stop taking what I have for granted and most of all get off the speeding train that I am always on to get from one place to the next.
If you stop and think about it, life 30 years ago was so much simpler and laid back. Neighbors were friends, kids played outside with other kids, and families sat down to dinner together. I thank God today for shifting my focus from the material things I've been focusing to more focus on HIM. After all HE really is the one in control, not us. I will close this out with this:

GOD DOES NOT GIVE US GRACE FOR OUR IMAGINATION

2 comments:

John Gibson said...

There are so many obstacles in life's path. Believe me, my knowledge and experience can tell the tale. The one thing that keeps me going in life is my faith in God. No matter the circumstance nor the daggers thrown at you in life--His grace will always be with you. For each obstacle becomes a new path and beginning. Most people choose not to follow His path but submit themselves and surround themselves in the pit of unbelief. There will be no day or season without challenges. Those of us who trust in Him will always be under the umbrella of peace. You know this because I taught you this as my example in your life. Just think of my life over the years and be amazed at how God turns destruction into peace and understanding. He pushes those obstacles into the underworld because they are not of Him, but of the darkness. Those of us who choose the Light will be absorbed in His Light. The obstacles and those that choose and that have chosen the other path will be consumed into fire and the abyss forever. Thank God for His grace in your life.

Anonymous said...

Meredith, what a beautiful post of your faith stretching. I relate.