Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm Diving In........


OH BOY..... so I am diving in feet and all.... can you guess what this means? I'm going to college! I must admit I'm a bit nervous and excited all in one. I have had a life long dream to go to dental hygiene school since I was 18, and as God would have it he had other plans for me. If I could go back 18 years I wouldn't change a thing! I have been so blessed to have been able to be a stay at home mom and raise my 3 adoring boys. I do however feel a tug at my heart regarding going to college. I have made this decision to better myself and personal growth, not to go out and make tons of money. I worked in a dental office as a dental assistant for 8 years before I had my first child and quite working full time, so I have the experience in the field. I told Steve I wanted to go get my degree and maybe work a couple days a week, and still feel like I'm at home with the boys. This endeavor of course will take several years to accomplish and that is if I go full time. I am going to start off slow and work from there, as I want to do well in each course and not bog myself down with too much. I love home schooling so this will all take place while I am home schooling all 3 boys next year! :-0 Am I crazy or what? HA! Never the less I am very excited and cannot wait to see how God steers my path. It has been in my thoughts and prayers for over a year now and I am finally ready to take that leap of faith! First step is making that appointment with the college advisor in the next couple of weeks to map everything out. Prayer has been my rock so when you think about it, please pray for God's plan in my life. I am SO NERVOUS!!!! :) I keep telling myself, With God ALL things are possible!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I think this is wonderful! An education is something that can never be taken away from you whether you are a SAHM or a WM! Woo-hoo! You go, girl!

John Gibson said...

I believe that it will be fun for you. It will give you a different perspective and broaden your horizons. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on starting university! :)

Julie said...

This is exciting! You will do well! I can't wait to hear how the transition goes!

Michelle Babin said...

Go for it girl! You can do it I know you can. God will continue to bless you. Me and my family will pray for you during this time in your life. Your Friend always Michelle