Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Baby Turns 5

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY Jack!



It's so hard to believe but my "baby", Jack, turned 5 on October 3rd. In my eyes Jack is still "baby Jack" and we just recently stopped calling him that on a regular basis! When I go to pick him up he is all legs and long, not what I remember of when he was short and small. I apparently have a hard time making my brain catch up to reality! I now know the true meaning of "enjoy them while they are small". I can't tell you how many times I would hear that from family, friends and strangers, where ever I would go. When you are a stay at home mom, and you have more than one small child at home with you, you live for the next "step" and not the now. I have tried to soak up the smaller years with Jack knowing he was to be our last child. How I wish I could go back and keep doing all those baby things over and over again as I now miss them. I truly am enjoying seeing him and his brothers grow up into young boys.... cherish every moment of your kids younger years.... they are only little for a short time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Picture!!! Love you birthday cake Jack! I understand you helped make it! yummmo!!!!

Love Mamaw

Saurabh said...

Belated Happy B'day Jack!